Optimum Safety in Tunnels and Special Hazard Buildings
LIOS DE.TECT is developed for efficient and pinpoint fire detection in road and rail tunnels. Since its initial introduction in 1997, it has revolutionized the safety standard in underground transport facilities as it enabled the complete monitoring of the entire tunnel length for the first time.
The line sensor is based on optical waveguides, which are immune to electromagnetic disturbances. Based on years of experience within the field of fibre-optic measuring techniques as well as the input of research partners and customers, multiple characteristics were added to offer reliable and adaptable measurement features for locally linear heat detection profiles.
- A purely passive sensor unaffected by rough conditions and electromagnetic disturbances
- A system architecture that allows stand-alone operation
- Precise information about fire location, size and propagation
- Easy to install
- Easy to integrate in fire management systems
Rising demand for fire surveillance in facilities like rail and service tunnels, cable routes and ducts, storage facilities and warehouses or conveyor belts and many other special hazard facilities motivated LIOS Technology to offer a measuring system tailor-made for these industrial applications.
DE.TECT Fire Applications:
- Road and Railway Tunnels
- Conveyor Belts
- Service Tunnels
- Cable Ducts
- Storage Facilities
- Nuclear Plants and Storage Sites
- Floating Roof Tanks, Rim Seal Protection
- Many other Special Hazard Facilities